1) Clint Eastwood's iconic performance as The man with No Name,
2) Ennio Morricone's thrilling main theme, and
3) the riveting show-down at the end.
Yeah, three of the same reasons I love it too...for the first few viewings, but I have spent a lot of years with this film and came to realization that, for me anyways, the three greatest things about this film are:
1) Eli Wallach's amazing performance as Tuco,
2) Ennio Morricone's unmatched theme The Ecstacy of Gold, and
3) The scene in the graveyard where #'s 1 and 2 come together.
This scene delights me, thrills me, and brings those goosebumps to my flesh every time I watch it. So this is the first entry in what I hope becomes an ongoing piece in this blog: Gideon's Essential Scene. Check it out.